So many people are actively searching for ways to achieve better health and peace of mind through fitness so I thought I would talk about my experience about using yoga for weight loss and do a Yoga Burn Review for you today. Why? because yoga is taking the world by storm! Although practicing yoga for weight loss is not a new concept, it can get a bit confusing trying to sort through all the information online. For example, did you know there are NINE different styles of yoga? Talk about overwhelming!
Today’s post: Yoga for Weight Loss – a Yoga Burn Review
A little background on how I came to write this review… When I first became interesting in yoga I was looking for a gentle way to recover from an injury that had me immobile for a few months and I discovered restorative yoga. Since I was a couch potato right after the injury I also put on some pounds that were very unwanted! The restorative class I was taking did nothing for weight loss, so I went back to doing research and found this video course. I liked it very much so I wrote this Yoga Burn Review to see if it could help you too!
Since running, CrossFit and other sports may be too strenuous for many women professional yoga instructor, Zoe Bray created Yoga Burn. She released this course just for women who were trying to lose weight.
It’s low impact and a smooth form of exercise that one can follow at their own pace. Zoe’s Yoga Burn is perfect for women who want to lose weight without having to leave the privacy of their home, not to mention perfect for me with that injury still on the mend!
There are 3 phases to Yoga Burn and each phase has 3 different workouts. That’s a total of 9 videos. Each video is 15 minutes long but you’ll be ‘looping’ each video three times making each yoga session 45 minutes long.
The videos are so effective that you will only need to do them three days a week. Now let’s see if you should invest in Yoga Burn. For full disclosure, if you decide to try it too, I will make a small commission for sharing it with you.
Why Yoga Burn: is a Great Yoga for Weight Loss Program
- This is a yoga course targeted to women so if you’re a guy be aware that it’s designed to meet a woman’s needs. Weight loss for men and women are different. While the concepts and principles of weight loss don’t change, the difference in male and female physiologies require different approaches. Since Zoe is a woman, she is fully aware of how women should train and what they need to do to lose weight fast.
- Yoga Burn uses poses that are not stressful or difficult to execute. When a yoga class becomes exhausting it causes the your body to release cortisol. Since that’s a stress hormone, it will indirectly lead to weight gain. I found Yoga Burn to be relaxing and effective at the same time. Less is more here.
- The course has 3 phases that are well laid out and easy to follow. Most yoga DVDs just assume that you already know the basic poses – that can be frustrating and a reason for some to stop trying. Phase 1 of Yoga Burn will guide you step-by-step through the basic yoga poses and they aptly call it the Foundational Flow Phase. Later on, you will move to phase 2 which is the Transitional Flow Phase. Here you’ll learn how to smoothly move from one pose to another. It’s all about precision and technique. In phase 3 you’ll accelerate your weight loss by boosting your metabolism with the Mastery Flow Phase.
- You get 2 months to try out Yoga Burn. If you’re not satisfied with this course, you have 60 days to get your money back. The money-back guarantee makes this a risk free purchase.
- The workouts are simple and not time consuming. The videos are easy to follow and you’ll get the hang of it in no time.
- You also get 2 bonuses with the main product – The Follow Along Audio Classes and The Tranquility Flow.
UPDATE 2017! New since my original purchase – a third bonus valued at $37.00 has been added. You now also receive one month of Yoga Burn Monthly which explores the different types of yoga.
This Yoga Burn review would not be complete if I don’t discuss the bad points too…
The Bad Points of Yoga Burn:
- This may be obvious, but it’s important to say – Yoga alone will not help you to lose weight. You still need to be mindful of what you eat in order to see positive results.
- Yoga Burn is a lot more affordable than most yoga classes. That restorative class I took was $18.00 each week! Since this is a digital product that has no shipping fee, you pay once and use at your convenience. The disadvantage? You need a computer and an internet connection to access the program. Not a deal breaker, but still something you should be aware of.
UPDATE 2017! New since my original purchase – You still get Instant access via download to Yoga Burn, but now you also receive the complete physical collection with no shipping charges!!
The Conclusion of My Yoga Burn Review – Should You Get It?
The program is a good fit for women that are trying to shed excess pounds and want to give yoga a try.
At 12-weeks it’s long enough to get you toned, lithe and fabulous. Targeted for weight loss, the course is better for losing weight than most generic yoga classes.
Yoga Burn is great for beginners and a wonderful program that uses yoga for weight loss. Plus, since Zoe is a certified yoga instructor, you’re in safe hands. Give Yoga Burn a try. You will not regret it.